Sunday, May 6, 2012

The assignment: write for 7-10 minutes about whatever comes to mind.  Well, I'm sitting out by my pool in the twilight hours of Sunday.  The birds are chirping and the is a lovely breeze.  I'm happy to be sitting here and happy to have this option in my life.  I should be more appreciative of it.  I suppose I take it for granted and I know that that's not good.  It's not bad either...it would just be more beneficial to my well being if I was more appreciative of the things I have in my life.  I have a nice house, with a nice yard and a nice pool and I have a car.  I have a job.  But there was a time in the recent past that I did not have a job and that's all I could focus on and I got in the habit of stressing about and dwelling on the fact of not having a job that I forgot to notice the good things in my life.  And now that I do have decent job, I need to pay attention to the other things that are good too.  I suppose life is always a work in progress and we never truly "get it done", but instead of trudging through it, it would be best to flow through with appreciation, wonder and happiness.  Life is definitely about the journey and the choices we make.  And even if those choices don't turn out the way we had hoped or expected, it doesn't make them wrong choices.  Just make a new choice and keep living.  Choose, then adjust, choose, then adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment